In this upcoming Royal Arts Gala 2013, we would like to recognize excellence and
invite you to nominate individuals and/or organizations that you feel merit The
The recognition will be awarded by Seri Paduka Yang DiPertuan Agong XIV Almu’tasimu
Billahi Muhibuddin Tuanku Alhaj Abdul Halim Mu’adzam Shah Ibni Al-Marhum Sultan
All completed nominations will be reviewed and considered carefully by the Performing
Arts Committee headed by Yang Berbahagia Datuk Norliza Rofli, Director General,
National Department for Culture and Arts.
The two awards to be presented in November 2013 are:
The Royal Medallion - Anugerah Seni Tokoh Kreatif
Presented to an individual from the performing arts (music, dance, drama/theatre
and musical theatre):
- who has made an outstanding contribution of talent, artistry, dedication, and service
to Malaysia’s arts and culture.
- who pass on their knowledge to aspiring artistes and inspire the Malaysian community
through their arts practice both nationally and internationally and have made a
distinctive remark to our nation’s arts and culture.
The Royal Medallion - Anugerah Seni Tokoh Korporat
Presented to an individual or organization:
- who is a significant driving force in supporting, encouraging and strengthening
the development of Malaysia’s arts and culture scene which transcends the
boundaries of one country or institution.
- with a priority on philanthropy, this achievement may also reflect an outstanding
leadership, advocacy, innovation, scholarship, or curatorship.
The Royal Medallions recognise and celebrate excellence in the creative industry
and the support of private corporations and individuals towards the arts annually.
This is an opportunity where you can nominate 2 deserving individuals under each
category. Nominations are strongly encouraged and should demonstrate the respective
individual’s contribution to the vitality of the performing arts industry
of Malaysia from September 2012 – August 2013.
Submit your nominations online to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 23 October 2013, accompanied by receipts and/or other relevant documents to support
your nominations (nomination form is attached here).
Recipients will be receiving:
- One Royal Medallion (Pingat DiRaja)
- One Credentials Certificate (Watikah)
Nominees must be based in Malaysia to be eligible for the Medallion. The following
organisations are eligible:
- Commercial and industrial corporations
- Registered organisations and institutions
- Private/Public trusts and foundations
Received nominations will be presented to the Performing Arts Selection Panel for
adjudication. The Royal Medallion recipients will be announced during The Royal
Arts Gala this 23 November 2013 at the former Istana Negara.
Kindly note that:
- Music, drama/theatre, dance, and musical theatre are eligible for nomination.
- Cash donations towards performances, competitions, scholarship programmes, or sponsorship
of arts facilities, equipment and music instruments are eligible for nomination.
- In-kind sponsorship/non-monetary partnerships must meet the needs of the beneficiary
and provide cost savings to the beneficiary.